Located atop of 'L Place' in Central, this new Italian Restaurant is the brain child of Chef Philippe Levielle, whose restaurant 'Miramonti L'Altro' in Brescia, Italy has been a Michelin 2* since 2001.
Modern and cool looking, the dining room is covered in high-tech looking marble, chrome and glass with a partially visible open kitchen.
Our meal consisted of the following dishes:
- Grilled Squid, Black Ink Vinigrette, Fennel Orange Salad
- Shrimp Bon-Bon with Cumin, Cauliflower Cream with Mandarin Flavour
- Risotto of the day ( Porcinni Mushroom and Shredded Duck Confit )
- Crisp Australian Snapper, Panfried Vegetable Julienne, Caramelized
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Kurobuta ( Japanese Black Hair Pig ) Milanese with Vegetable of the
Day, Sauce and trio of dips - Taragon Mayonaise, Sweet Mustard and
- Gelato Miromonte
Whilst the Italian Meal at the Michelin 3*, 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo felt more like a 1* experience, the Modernistic and Authentic Italian Fare using French Technique at L'Altro was a IMO a 'Solid 1*!. Plate presentation was visually appealing and the food tasted very good in most areas.
Stand outs were the really smokey and perfectly grilled Squid, the exceptionally Crispy Skin Snapper thats sweet and moist and the tender Pork Medallion. The Vanilla Gelato was very creamy and the flavour, intense.
All in all a very satisfying dining experience!!
By the way, the home made bread was sooo good, they did not provide any butter or Olive Oil for dipping!!
Updated 2 months ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 7
Updated 10 days ago | 3
Updated 1 month ago | 33
Updated 1 month ago | 18