1. Couldn't get a last minute saturday night res at Tarry Lodge, Rosie's or Sammy's, but La Bocca quickly said yes for 7 of us at 6:30...almost before i finished asking. Oh, oh...
2. Had a drink at the bar waiting for others. Gin & Tonic. It came with a piece of lemon, instead of lime. Changed that. Then took a couple of sips. It appeared to be entirely ginless. Got it topped off. Still weak but close enough.
3. Just one other table taken at 6:30. (I know it's early, but still...) When we left at 8:15, maybe half full. Prime time saturday night.
4. Appetizers were fine, but 3 of the 7 entrees (all pastas) came out cold. Sent back. They returned in a few minutes--one was fine, the other two a bit better: they were now approaching warm. Because 2 at the table had a train to catch, they kept the entrees. I informed the waiter of our unhappiness. He shrugged, sort of offered to replace them, we said no, he wandered off.
5. No visit from a manager--no excuse, no apology, no lame dessert offering, nothing taken off the check...nada. All of the above in a mostly empty restaurant.
Times are tough. Money is tight. I don't see a bright future for La Bocca.