10 Deviled Egg Recipes
1. Sriracha Deviled Eggs. The spiciness of Sriracha is balanced by a hint of sweet-sour from the garnish of pickled carrots or daikon.
2. Horseradish Deviled Eggs with Seared Steak and Blue Cheese. These manly deviled eggs are topped with flavors more common to a steakhouse. Though a bit unwieldy to eat, they’re worth the effort.
3. Wasabi Deviled Eggs with Roe and Crispy Nori. The Asian fusion egg. With exotic ingredients like roe (salmon or uni is great) and deep-fried seaweed, this one’s for adventurous eaters.
5. Green Chile Deviled Eggs. With Hatch green chiles, lime, and cilantro, these deviled eggs have a definite Southwestern slant. Prensky tops them with a roasted corn salsa, but you could use our Texas Caviar or any other salsa you like.
7. Truffled Deviled Eggs. Truffles show up in everything from mashed potatoes to burgers, so why not use them to top deviled eggs? Even Paula Wolfert agrees that truffles are especially well suited to eggs.
8. Vadouvan-Spiced Deviled Eggs with Roasted Cauliflower and Mint. These taste like curried egg salad but with an even more distinct Indian flair thanks to the roasted cauliflower and fresh mint.
9. Beet Deviled Eggs with Smoked Blue Cheese. Folding in puréed beets gives these eggs a pink hue—and makes them sweet, earthy, and tangy. Rogue Creamery’s Smokey Blue Cheese is the perfect topper, but if you can’t find it, any top-notch blue cheese will do.
10. Chèvre Deviled Eggs with Asparagus. Flavored with asparagus, goat cheese, and herbs, these eggs sing of a Frenchy springtime dish.